Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Rose

I promised new layouts! Over the Memorial Day Weekend we went down to Portland Oregon for the day. We had never been, except driving through. Our first stop was Voodoo Donuts, mmmm..... My newest layout was inspired by our second stop, the International Rose Test Garden. It was breathtaking.





All around the gardens were light posts covered in rose vines.... I had this Dusty Attic chippie just waiting in my stash for the perfect layout...and as soon as I saw those posts in the garden, I knew I was going to use it! I just love the new Enchanted Garden collection from Bo-Bunny. The combos of teals and purples is so eye catching. The quote is on a wall in a section of the Garden called Shakespeare's Garden.

I used Distress Crackle Paint in brushed pewter on the light pole. When it was dry I went over it with distress ink black soot. The flowers I sprayed with Glimmer Mist Purple Pansy and Patina. The white flowers I sprayed with Sheer Simmer Spritz in frost.


Here is another close up of the flower clusters.
Thanks for taking a peek - Happy crafting!

xoxo Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment